Millennium has a structured approach to customer support and issue resolution.
Our support services consist of:
- Customer support email address. All emails sent to this address will be issued a case number for tracking purposes and can be followed by the end user through to resolution. Any Production issue support cases received via this email are given top priority and are treated as a ‘drop everything’ until a satisfactory resolution has been achieved.
- Toll free support phone line: 1-888-598-6275
Millennium is always available to answer business process and best practice questions, and can assist you with your planning and implementation processes. For your convenience, we can also provide you with possible solutions that are being utilized by other clients with similar questions.
Help desk hours are from 8:00 AM PST to 5:30 PM PST as well as email based submissions that typically are reviewed between 8:00 AM and 11:00 PM PST.
Installation and Upgrade Support
Millennium will install the FAST application into two environments .
Millennium produces product upgrades approximately every other week. It is up to the institution to decide when it is in their best interest to upgrade their version ( I.e. if there is a new feature that is desired, if there is custom code for the institution developed etc.). There are Product Update release notes and the main contact from your institution can work directly with a Millennium Business Analyst to determine what features are desired. Email CustomerSupport to request an upgrade.
You do not have to upgrade for every release. Once you decide on a version to upgrade to, you would notify Millennium via email and we would jointly schedule an upgrade time for your TEST environment. The upgrade process is started by Millennium staff establishing a remote login to your servers and performing the upgrade of the software for you.
Client Business Rules
As part of the implementation, Millennium will work with the institution to determine any client business rules that are desired. Millennium will then implement those business rules for the institution.
A typical business rule might be something as simple as ordering a search list on a web page in a particular way, or something more complicated such as determining what roles are allowed to edit what type of transactions, or limiting user so they can only see specific row level data.
Most of the business rules can be placed in our “Client Rules” schema which enables us to upgrade your base product without overwriting you client rules.
Millennium also acknowledges that rules change over time as your process becomes more complex and the organization evolves. We will assist you with the change in business rules over time as this happens.
Sometimes the desired outcome of a business rule is too complex to build into the oracle client schema, and therefore code base modifications are necessary to achieve the desired functionality. Millennium will undertake these modifications on behalf of the institution and depending on the changes; they will either be rolled into a minor or major release or can be deployed as a custom upgrade.
Millennium classifies custom modifications into three categories:
1) A modification that we feel is a great enhancement to our product and other clients would benefit from it but the client does not need it by a certain date. We will build this modification into our baseline product in a normal development cycle. We do not give the requesting client a delivery date for that modification but generally provide a ball park. We do not charge for this modification but the client may have to wait for it to get done.
2) A modification that we feel is a great enhancement to our product and other clients would benefit from it, but the requesting client needs it by a certain date. We would build this modification into baseline product and work with the institution on a delivery date that meets the client timelines. We would spec and price this modification and would typically split the cost 50/50 with the client.
3) A modification that we feel is highly custom and no other clients would desire it. We would build it into a custom modification and work with the institution on a delivery date that meets the client timelines. We would spec and price this modification and the client would be responsible for 100% of the cost, due on delivery.
We have moved away from creating large annual feature releases with individual patches as needed and instead started creating routine Product Updates every two to three weeks. These Product Updates will include fixes and or new features bundled together. This will allow for a more structured approach to updating your sites and having your functional users test and sign off on updates.
The version will change by the 3rd decimal each time we release a product update. , ie 4.1.01, 4.1.02 etc. As technologies evolve we will change the first and second digits of the release to ensure future compatibility with your ERP, Server Infrastructure and end user computing requirements such as browser versions.