April 7th, 2017
If you’re not sure what I’m talking about, I’ll take it as a “no”. If you’ve ever used a Pivot Table, this will be really fun for you! This is a great reporting feature that allows you to change the look and feel of your report results. It allows you to take the data from any column and flip it around to become your column header!
You can then select what you’d like to use to populate the data in the report and how you’d like it to display – Average? Sum? Count? Really depends on what sort of data you’re collecting today. You can even customize the formatting of your new column data to include specific numbers, currency, percentages and rounded to the number of decimals you want to see!
Finally, you can add back in up to three more columns from your original report to display back in your new, modified dataset!
You can then save your report data as a Pinned Report to keep your formatting in place for next time, and you can even enable it as a “Grid” to access directly from any of your personalized or executive-level dashboards!
January 30th, 2017
We know you love your Pinned Reports….who doesn’t? But are you making use of the Report Scheduler yet? Once you create your own Pinned Reports, you can schedule them to deliver, right to your e-mail in-box at any interval you decide! That means you don’t even have to remember to “run” that report to get your hands on that data when you need it.
Here’s the skinny on how it works:
- Save your Pinned Report (as private)
- Click “Schedule”
- Choose a delivery schedule!
- You can pick everything from:
- Frequency (Daily? Weekly? Twice a week? Monthly? Quarterly?)
- Time of day
- Duration (A couple weeks? A couple months? Till the end of the year? Forever and beyond?)
- The format – choose from PDF, Excel or CSV
- Hit GO and leave the rest to us
Nothing could be simpler! When you’re done, click on your “My Schedule” Tab to check out your delivery schedule at-a-glance and then just sit back and wait for those reports to start rolling in.
January 3rd, 2017
How about changing it?
If you are an application administrator, did you know that you can do this yourself and on a global level? Here’s how:
- Locate the Report and find the Administration Tab (note: this is probably under your + More tab)
- The first tab, called Datagrid Columns lists all the current columns in this report.
- Locate the column title you wish to change; change the text right on this page! – the cell is case sensitive and if you need to make it slightly wider or more narrow, just change the “width” column right next to it!
- Click Save and update changes.
Re-run the report – it is now changed for all end users who run this report!