March 22nd, 2017
Do you use one of the many FAST data-entry style pages? If you do, did you know that you can now import your data directly from an Excel spreadsheet? True story. You’ve always been able to download your FAST report data to Excel but you can now also save time, keystrokes and avoid input error by importing your external data right into your FAST data entry page!
Next time you’re on a data entry page, check out the Excel icon on the bottom right hand corner; it looks a little different now, right?
Click the arrow and select “Import Data from Excel”. Follow the simple instructions and watch your data populate right before your very eyes! The cool thing is, that you can also combine manually keyed-in data with your spreadsheet uploads – one will never over-write the other!
Save time, save effort and above all, reduce the risk associated with manual data entry!
January 30th, 2017
We know you love your Pinned Reports….who doesn’t? But are you making use of the Report Scheduler yet? Once you create your own Pinned Reports, you can schedule them to deliver, right to your e-mail in-box at any interval you decide! That means you don’t even have to remember to “run” that report to get your hands on that data when you need it.
Here’s the skinny on how it works:
- Save your Pinned Report (as private)
- Click “Schedule”
- Choose a delivery schedule!
- You can pick everything from:
- Frequency (Daily? Weekly? Twice a week? Monthly? Quarterly?)
- Time of day
- Duration (A couple weeks? A couple months? Till the end of the year? Forever and beyond?)
- The format – choose from PDF, Excel or CSV
- Hit GO and leave the rest to us
Nothing could be simpler! When you’re done, click on your “My Schedule” Tab to check out your delivery schedule at-a-glance and then just sit back and wait for those reports to start rolling in.
January 3rd, 2017
How about changing it?
If you are an application administrator, did you know that you can do this yourself and on a global level? Here’s how:
- Locate the Report and find the Administration Tab (note: this is probably under your + More tab)
- The first tab, called Datagrid Columns lists all the current columns in this report.
- Locate the column title you wish to change; change the text right on this page! – the cell is case sensitive and if you need to make it slightly wider or more narrow, just change the “width” column right next to it!
- Click Save and update changes.
Re-run the report – it is now changed for all end users who run this report!