You can now create “virtual” columns at either the individual level or even at a global level for all end users of the report! This gives you the amazing ability to add one or more NEW columns to your report results! Just think of the possibilities:
- Concatenate two or more columns in the report quickly into ONE
- Create a formula based on existing column data…something like:
- Column C \ Column F – Column B = BRAND NEW USEFUL COLUMN X
- Duplicate an existing column to display it a second time and/or use Virtualizations to render it as a visual icon or image
The possibilities are endless and the power is amazing! Customize your report, YOUR way.
Here’s a quick run-down (but be sure to check out the detailed training videos for a way more thorough explanation!):
- Make sure you are running 4.3.06 or higher – if you’re not, what are you waiting for?
- Run your report
- Click the GEAR button on the top left hand corner of your report:
- Click + to add a new column
- Fill in the Virtual Column worksheet to define the parameters of your new column including title, width, format, and of course the formula. The formula is the trickiest part, so be sure to ask for help if you need it!
- Click SAVE and the report will re-execute with your new Virtual Column right where you want it!
Best part is, you can still use any of the Advanced Options, Grouping features, Pinned Reports, Graphing and more to refine, aggregate or modify your new report data!